We are 100% supported by our members. There is no paid staff at Trade School, only incredible people who support one another. Members are anyone that has made a one-time pay what you can (PWYC) investment in our cooperative. A cooperative is an autonomous group of people united to meet their common needs. Cooperatives value self-responsibility, democracy, equality, and solidarity. Cooperative members believe in the ethical values of honesty and social responsibility.
In exchange for your investment, we offer you…
• Unconditional love
• An organizing role - we need three organizers a semester to run Trade School.
• Voting privileges - organizers vote on changes.
• Our barter platform - teachers use our platform to develop meaningful relationships and get things they need.
• Shared space - our space is available for classes as well as gatherings and meetings.
• Volunteer training - we train members to organize the space and assist teachers during class.
• Barter hours - barter your time as a volunteer at any class.
• A t-shirt - members receive a comfy t-shirt screen-printed by The Brick Shirt House. You must donate at least $25 for a t-shirt.
To join, we accept online memberships through our fiscal partner The Athenaeum Foundation. Please let them know your donation belongs to TRADE SCHOOL in the COMMENTS section. If you'd like a t-shirt and can make a donation of $25 or more, you may pick up your t-shirt at any class.